Welcome To My Photography Blog!

Hope you enjoy the photos, post comments (even if you're not a registered blog user) dont forget to check back for new posts!

Visit my facebook page by clicking the Facebook logo on the top right corner!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lunar Eclipse

Bernard and I went on the roof yesterday night to view the lunar eclipse. It was a cloudy and freezing night. I shot some photos of the moon before it entered the eclipse phase but it disappeared behind the clouds at 2.50am. It wasn't until 3.47am when the clouds slightly cleared and revealed the moon but this time with an eerie reddish glow.  

I started taking pictures but the moon was still in the early stages of the eclipse. It vanished again at 3.55am until way past the total eclipse climax which was predicted to be at 4.15am. I waited desperately till 4.47am but to no avail. The clouds didn't clear up so I decided called it quits.

It was fun at least, although only being able to see it for several minutes. We also found out that it was actually quite nice to fall asleep on the roof.

The first photo was shot before the eclipse and the second photo was during the eclipse. I couldn't get any closer shots because I don't have a lens that could zoom far enough. I was using my Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 lens that night.

0 comments: