Welcome To My Photography Blog!

Hope you enjoy the photos, post comments (even if you're not a registered blog user) dont forget to check back for new posts!

Visit my facebook page by clicking the Facebook logo on the top right corner!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lens Hood

Bought a new lens hood today :) I got it for rm 50 at a shop called Investline in front of Center Point. A lens hood is a device used on the end of a lens to block the sun or other light source in order to prevent glare and lens flare. And it looks cool too ;p

I used my sister's 2.1mp Nikon Coolpix 775 to take this photo, which came out pretty good even though its quite an old camera ;p

Update: Turns out, I cant use it with my Kit Lens [Pictured Above] because the hood rotates with the front element of the lens as the lens focuses [rendering the hood useless]. So then I bought a 52mm to 58mm step up adapter so that my 50mm lens can use the hood instead :)

0 comments: