Welcome To My Photography Blog!

Hope you enjoy the photos, post comments (even if you're not a registered blog user) dont forget to check back for new posts!

Visit my facebook page by clicking the Facebook logo on the top right corner!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dreaming In Sepia

I took this picture in my kitchen with the Nikon S210. The vase was actually on top of a fridge so I used stamp the tool in Adobe Photoshop to blend it into the yellow wall behind it. This was inspired by a photo I saw while browsing through the internet so I decided to give it a try.

I was going for a vintage sepia look. Well im not sure if it worked. The noise is deliberate from the Alien Skin Exposure II plug-in [click on the photos to see larger version as the grain is not visible from the small thumbnail]. The old paper effect was done with paper textures :)

But, the more I look at it, the more I start to think that something is missing...

Is it Bokeh?
Now, obviously a compact like the Nikon S210 isn't going to achieve this much bokeh in this kind of situation. The alternative that's closest to real bokeh can be achieved by using the Alien Skin Bokeh plug-in.

Just a little info for those that do not know what bokeh means:

Bokeh comes from the Japanese language that means blur. Its a term used for foreground/background blur in photography.


Cheers :)

0 comments: